Welcome in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Ascension Church is an Anglican/Episcopal Church in the Diocese of Central Florida.
We are a family-friendly church whose focus of worship is on our Lord Jesus Christ, God’s Word preached and God’s Sacrament’s celebrated. We have a passion for combining the ancient and orthodox aspects of the faith with a modern and useful presentation.
We are a community that wishes to live intentionally into God’s call on our lives. Our vision is to create levels of opportunities and experiences that will lead people at every stage in their faith journey to a deeper relationship with God and each other.
Come by, visit and see what God has in store for you. We look forward to meeting you. Fr. Jim
We believe that God has called Ascension to two goals:
- The first is to welcome all people into our community with joy and care. We all walk through the doors of our church carrying our “stuff.” God calls us to bring it all to the cross.
- The second goal is to equip the saints for the work of God. No matter what our life situation, married or single, young or retired, local or new to the area, we hope to offer you the tools that will allow your faith to be alive, effective and joy-filled!!
Our Vision for 2017
“They devoted themselves to EVANGELISM”
One of the most effective ways of growing the local church is through Personal Evangelism! We can see through the word of God that this was the pattern that Jesus’ disciples used when they first had an encounter with Jesus, and since it worked for them it will definitely work for us.
He first found his own brother Simon, and said to him, “We have found the Messiah” (which is translated, the Christ). 42 And he brought him to Jesus. Now when Jesus looked at him, He said, “You are Simon the son of Jonah.[a] You shall be called Cephas” (which is translated, A Stone).
Just One More works with just 4 steps:
1. Look Around: Your mission field is right where you live, work, or go to school! Create a list of individuals who you know are in need of salvation
2. Look Up: God will do great things when we seek His face, so pray each day for those on your list and God will give you opportunities to share His love and power Look Out: For ways to cultivate friendships and ways for them to earn your confidence. You could invite them for a coffee or for a meal.
3. Look Forward: To inviting them to any of the church events that you feel is appropriate for where they are at on their journey.
4. Look After: Those who will respond to Christ or show any interest in the gospel, they will need your encouragement.
“and the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved…” Acts 2:47
To read more about worship and service options at Ascension, click here.